|Regional Area:||Mary Valley - Kandanga|
|Distance from Brisbane City:||155 kms north of Brisbane City|
|Travel Time:||Approx 2 hours drive|
|Suits:||2WD, couples, dogs allowed at accommodation, bush walkers, cyclists and lovers of nature|
|Attractions:||Self guided tour with Ride On Mary includes 2 hr hour bike hire + 1 hour guided sunset kayak hire, 1 night stay in Miranda Cabin, Breakfast for two at the Kandanga Kitchen.|
Road trip adventure for 2 Adults
- 10am – Depart Brisbane and head north up the Bruce Highway, the first recommended stop is at Gardeners falls before Maleny – after a rain period, these falls would be amazing! (Refer to waterfall icon on map)
- 12pm – Next enjoy a nice stop for lunch at the highly recommended Brouhaha Brewery in Maleny – they serve up a tasty range of beers and other beverages with fresh local produce to tantalise your tastebuds.
- 1:30pm – Make your way to Kenilworth and visit Kenilworth Dairy for an icecream or pick up some locally made award winning cheeses to take with you on a picnic. They sell crackers and other yummy treats too.
- 2:15 – Drive 20 mins to meet Ian Harling from Ride On Mary (meet up spot around Imbil will be arranged at time of booking confirmation), start time for your bike hire is 3:15pm (See terms and conditions for booking here)
Explore the Magical Mary Valley by Bike. Check out the local Village of Imbil with its coffee shops & cafes whilst on-route to the recently opened Rail-Trail. The Rail-Trail is 5kms of purpose built track linking Imbil & Brooloo. Head off from the Rail-Trail to experience the forest, mountains & creeks. Follow Ride On Mary’s easy to read Maps to get you safely through the forest and onto the country roads back to Imbil.
Present your Aussie Trippers voucher to claim your bike and kayak experience with Ride On Mary.
- 6:30pm – A short 15 min drive and you’ll arrive at your accommodation for the night at – Miranda Cabin, Imbil. Cosy up around the outdoor fire (check with owners first) and enjoy a peaceful night sleep.
“located on a private 120 acres in Imbil. Professionally and uniquely designed as a secluded couples getaway with a rustic and country theme, the new self contained timber cabin, is located on a private hill with stunning views across the Mary Valley.”
- Stylish country design and furnishings
- Dining setting
- Outdoor fire pit
- Secluded, no close neighbours
- Heating and Airconditioning
- Conventional kitchen with all the utensils
- Views of the Mary Valley
Click here to book through AirBnBBook Now
Present your Aussie Trippers gift voucher to claim your breakfast booking (valued at $40) at Kandanga Kitchen.
- Take the scenic route through the country side on the way back to Brisbane, and check out Point Glorious Lookout (refer to map). As you will be travelling along a dirt road, it can be slippery especially after rain periods, so a 4WD/SUV vehicle is recommended.
Once you have booked your home via AirBnB, claim your dining and activity vouchers by hitting the ‘ENQUIRE NOW’ button below.
Exclusive to 2 guests. Please advise if more guests are attending and accommodation package can be updated.
- Afternoon self guided bike tour and dusk kayak adventure with Ride On Mary
- Breakfast for 2 at Kandanga Kitchen
- Detailed road trip itinerary for you to take on your adventure, showing you all the amazing places to see along your route (value $priceless!)
What To Bring:
- Good sturdy no slip shoes
- Swimsuit and towels if you’re keen to jump in the creek before or after you start your Kayak Cruise
- Insect repellent
- BYO Food & drinks for your one night stay
- Esky handy to have beside the outdoor fire
- Warm clothes, could be little chilly in winter months
- All Bedding and bath towels are provided.
This peaceful scenic drive just a short hour and a half north west of Brisbane, leads you to a wonderful landscape of rolling green hills with crystal clear creeks meandering through them.
Pack a picnic lunch and camera in your backpack and meet the friendly hosts at Ride On Mary, they will provide you a bike to enjoy for 2 hour mid afternoon self guided afternoon ride through the valley on a fairly good track suitable for all fitness levels, finishing the activity with a guided sunset kayak to paddle along scenic Yabba Creek. They do all the hard work for you, you just got to get on it and in it, and away you go!
Lastly spend the night at Miranda Cabin just a short drive from Ride On Mary. It’s a private rustic country cabin perched on a small hill which offers awesome views from the deck of the Mary Valley hills and beyond. What a way to end the day eh!
Next morning, stop at Kandanga Kitchen for a delicious country breakfast with AMAZING coffee and take a scenic route through the country side before you hit the highway home. You won’t be disappointed.
Join the Trippers Tribe!
Get notified about new places to visit, things to do and the best camping and budget accommodation, all within 3 hours from Brisbane.
And don’t worry, I hate spam too! You can unsubscribe at anytime.