|Regional Area:||Pinbarren is found north east of Eumundi amongst the rolling hills of the Noosa Hinterland. Just 20 mins from the bustling Noosa Heads.|
|Distance from Brisbane City:||148 kms north east of Brisbane City|
|Travel Time:||Approx 2 hour drive|
|Tags:||2WD, brewery, winery, great coffee, couples, fireplace, firepit, bushwalks, dogs allowed, markets|
|Attractions:||Explore the community markets, coffee at Trail 518 in Pomona, Beer tasting at Bonsai Brewhouse in Cooran, mead tasting at Amrita Meadery in Pinbarren and minimum 1 night at Noosa Avalon Farm Cottages.|
- 8:00 am – Depart Brisbane and head north for about 1hr 30mins and follow your GPS to ‘Trail 518 Cafe 18 Memorial Drive, Pomona and stop here to grab their popular coffee or beverage of choice plus grab some yummy breakfast if you haven’t already.
Present your Aussie Trippers voucher to claim your coffee/drink voucher
- 10:00 am – If it’s the 2nd or 4th Saturday of the month, you can enjoy the Pomona country markets just across the road at ‘Stan Topper Park’ on Reserve Street and pick up some treats for your night in, or If it’s the 1st or 3rd Saturday of the month, stop at the Cooran Eco Markets on the way to your next destination, it’s only 10 mins drive north-west from Pomona.
- 11:30 am – Stop into a little hidden gem ‘Bonsai Brewhouse’ 28 King Street, Cooran for a try of some locally made craft beer (wine and food available too), set in a charming and rustic little shack found in this quirky little village.
Present your Aussie Tripper voucher to claim your $20 drink credit
- 12:30 pm – Next stop, 10 mins drive east is ‘Amrita Park Meadery’ 417 Kin Kin Road, Pinbarren. Family owned and award winner for amazing home brewed mead in all types of delicious flavours, a must try for those who like fermented wine semi-sweet or semi-dry. Mead is derived from honey rather than the traditional grape. A must try!
- 1:30pm – Finally check-in to your secluded accommodation for the night ‘Noosa Avalon Farm Cottages’ 292 Pomona Kin Kin Road, Pomona.
Bottlebrush cottage is the most private of all the cottages on this property. This Noosa hinterland accommodation features; One Queen Size bed, a Double Sofa Bed and a small bed suitable for a young child. Bottlebrush Cottage was originally built in 1942 and the ornamental stone fireplace compliments the historical value of the area.
Overlooking Pinbarren Mountain set on the hills of Avalon, this cottage has beautiful energy to invigorate and energise your soul. The clear skies at night and soft relaxing misty mornings, Bottlebrush Cottage will make your time at Avalon something for you and your partner to remember. Bottlebrush cottage is a fully self-contained cottage with linen, towels, milk, tea and coffee, a Cd player and flame effect log heater. All are supplied for your comfort. The polished timber floors, bath, original artwork and historical fittings all help to create an ambiance of peace and tranquility normally only experienced in a bygone era.
- Private and Self-contained
- Outdoor Firepits
- Allows dogs
- Panoramic mountain views
- Beautiful old charm interior
- Lovely decks
- Animal feeding
Present your Aussie Tripper voucher to claim your booking reservation.
- Wake up whenever you want to, check out is 10:00 am
- Enjoy a Sunday drive to Noosa or check out the other attractions in the area before you head home (refer attraction icons on Map)
We’re finding you some video content.. Got one you’d love to share with us that relates to this itinerary? Please send us your YouTube link down in the comments below, we’d love to share it!
- Breakfast with coffee for 2 at Trail 518 Cafe (Value $40 per couple)
- Drink voucher at Bonsai Brewery
- Mead tasting at Amrita Meadery with $20 credit to purchase onsite
- 1 night stay in a private cottage (sleeps two)
What To Bring:
- Sunscreen and hat
- Good shoes for walking
- Insect repellent
- BYO Food & drinks for your one night stay
- All Bedding and bath towels are provided.
Join the Trippers Tribe!
Get notified about new places to visit, things to do and the best camping and budget accommodation, all within 3 hours from Brisbane.
And don’t worry, I hate spam too! You can unsubscribe at anytime.