|Regional Area:||Tinbeerwah is a semi-rural area of the Noosa Shire|
|Distance from Brisbane City:||190kms north of Brisbane City|
|Travel Time:||Approx 2 hours 30min drive|
|Tags:||4WD, great coffee, beach|
|Attractions:||Cafe Doonan, Teewah Beach, The Great Sandy Bar, Orange on Sunrise, Humdrum Espresso|
This is a recommended day trip for beach driving, be sure to check the tide times to plan your arrival.
- If you don’t wish to do so, please still visit these highly recommended dining places below for a fun day out on the coast!
- 6:00 am – Depart Brisbane for a 1hr 30min drive north along the Bruce Highway to Cafe Doonan – 777 Noosa Eumundi Road, Doonan. Enjoy a delicious coffee to take with you for the journey to the beach,
Present your Aussie Trippers voucher to claim your coffee/drink voucher to Cafe Doonan.
- 8am – Leave Cafe Doonan, and go to the Shell Petrol station for your last fill up before you hit the sand on Moorindil Street, Tewantin – This is along the same road as the Noosa North Shore Ferry Terminal and Booking Centre..Alternatively, if you wish to book your vehicle permit for Teewah Beach in advance, you’ll need to book it through this website – Qld Parks & Wildlife – Cooloola Vehicle Permit
- 8:30am – Arrive at the Ferry terminal and pay the Ferry Conductor $7 (one way fee) to cross to Noosa North Shore (takes approx 5 mins).. Once you get off, travel along Beach Road all the way to the very end (3rd beach access). You may see people pulled over letting air out of their tyres, do the same (approx 20 psi air pressure is recommended)..
- 9am – Get on the beach and have a good time!! It takes approx 1hr to travel to the tip of Teewah Beach – I find it really pretty up there. Be careful of children playing in the sand, and stick to the speed limits at all times!
- 2pm – Head back to the ferry, you may have noticed the car wash when you passed it earlier – pull in and give your 4WD a good hose down.
- 3pm – Right next door is the Noosa North Shore Retreat – 1 Beach Road, Noosa North Shore. Pop in here to enjoy a beverage if you wish
- 4pm – Ride the Ferry back to Noosa ($7 fee one way fee), and follow your GPS to this wonderful little pizza place ‘Orange on Sunrise’ -11 Kingsgate Drive, cnr Sunrise Road, Tinbeerwah
Present your Aussie Tripper voucher to claim your pizza voucher at Orange on Sunrise
- 5:30pm – Head to your private unit for the night at 33 Pacific View Drive, Tinbeerwah
- Private and Self-contained
- Peaceful Location
- Allows well behaved dogs
- Surrounded by lovely gardens
- Fully conventional kitchen
- Lovely little fenced outdoor patio
- 15 mins drive from Ferry terminal
Click here to book through StayzBook Now
- Wake up whenever you want to, check out is 10:00 am
- Enjoy a Sunday drive to Humdrum Espresso for a coffee – 100 Memorial Drive, Eumundi (refer Map)
Present your Aussie Trippers voucher to claim your coffee/drink voucher at Humdrum Espresso.
Once you have booked your home, claim your dining and activity vouchers by hitting the
‘ENQUIRE NOW’ button below.
We’re finding you some video content.. Got one you’d love to share with us that relates to this itinerary? Please send us your YouTube link down in the comments below, we’d love to share it!
Exclusive to 2 guests, accommodation is not recommended for children but allows dogs. Teewah Beach is a national park, no dogs allowed, however on the southern section of Teewah Beach it is dog friendly.
- Coffee for 2 at Cafe Doonan
- 1 x Large pizza voucher at Orange on Sunrise, Tinbeerwah
- Coffee for 2 at Humdrum Espresso Eumundi,
- Detailed road trip itinary for you to take on your adventure, showing you all the amazing places to see along your route (value $priceless!)
What To Bring:
- Sunscreen and hat,
- Swimsuit and towels for beach
- Insect repellent
- Tyre inflator/deflator (there is a public one you can use across the road of the Great Sandy Bar)
- BYO Food & drinks for the beach and your one night stay
- Bring car cleaning products and a shammy (if you want to thoroughly clean your car straight away)
- All Bedding and bath towels are provided.
Escape the city for an awesome 4WD day adventure to the wide open space of Teewah Beach, have some fun in the sun and come back to a lovely little retreat found up in the hills just 15mins drive from the Noosa North Shore ferry. If you just want to go beach driving, and just cant be bothered with the effort of camping – then you gotta check out this little AirBnB treasure, so close to The Great Sandy National Park!
Join the Trippers Tribe!
Get notified about new places to visit, things to do and the best camping and budget accommodation, all within 3 hours from Brisbane.
And don’t worry, I hate spam too! You can unsubscribe at anytime.